Dear Swimming friends!
Several new swimming "things" to tell you about and reminders about others. Please contact me with any questions. Much of this information is available on the TMSC blog, http://tulsamsc.blogspot.com. In addition, please check out the new and improved Oklahoma Masters Swimming website, http://www.okswim.org, for all information pertaining to masters swimming in the state.
1) July 9: USMS 5K/10K Postal Championship, https://www.clubassistant.com/club/meet_information.cfm?c=1246&smid=2770. Our distance swimming queen, Leslie Sauber, firstname.lastname@example.org, is organizing this event for July 9th at the Jenks pool. Please contact Leslie if you are interested in participating. Please note, if you do want to officially enter the event, you MUST bring someone to count for you during the swim. Those that want to officially enter the event will be accommodated during the regular Saturday morning Jenks masters workout. The rest of us will take the remaining lanes and do our thing. WE WILL HAVE ALL 8 LANES on Saturday, July 9. The kids will be away at a meet. Please see the above link for more info regarding this distance swim event.
2) July 11: Swim-a-Roo, Tulsa, OK sponsored by Tulsa Park & Rec and hosted by Swim Tulsa, 5:30 pm at McClure Park Pool. PLEASE CONTACT ME, email@example.com, if you are interested in participating in this fun meet. The area kids Park & Rec teams will be there in full force. The only events offered are a 50 of each stroke. You can enter 1 event or all 4, your choice. We will swim in the 19 & over age group. I will gather all our entries and turn them in to the meet director. For more information about the event, go to: http://www.swimtulsa.org/osst/__eventform__/160030_Meet%20Info%20SwimARoo%202011.pdf
I need to hear from you by June 30th, if you want to participate! TMSC has been represented at this meet the past 3 years. Let's keep it going!
3) July 16: Ft. Smith Masters Meet, Ft. Smith, AR, http://www.okswim.org/Ft_Smith_Masters_Meet__11.pdf.
Several of the Tulsa swimmers will attend this meet. Email me, firstname.lastname@example.org, if you want to carpool.
4) July 22-24: South Central Zone Championships, The Woodlands, Texas, www.wmst.net/calendar/usms-scz-lc-championships. Tulsa Masters member and Bixby coach, Donovan Ewing, is thinking about attending this event. It would be great to have more Oklahoma swimmers at this meet. Let me know if you are interested in going.
4) August 3-6: USMS Long Course Nationals, Auburn University, Alabama. www.usms.org/comp/lcnats11
6) August 13: OKLAHOMA MEMORIAL STATE CHAMPIONSHIP, hosted by Tulsa Masters Swim Club, NEW location: Jenks Trojan Aquatic Center, Jenks, Oklahoma. Go to the TMSC blog, http://tulsamsc.blogspot.com, scroll down the right side of the page to find the link to the entry information. Leslie Sauber is the meet director, email@example.com.
7) September 11: 4th Annual TALL CHIEF OPEN WATER CHALLENGE, hosted by Tulsa Masters Swim Club, location: Zink Ranch, Sand Springs, OK. Online event information and entry available: https://www.clubassistant.com/club/meet_information.cfm?c=1761&smid=3236
Entries now being accepted. In fact, we received our first online entry today, from MONTANA - my sister! You can contact me for more information, firstname.lastname@example.org
Updates to 'places to swim':
-- No more morning 'masters swim class' at Hutcherson YMCA. Coach Lucas's schedule changed and he is no longer able to offer this class. We want to thank Lucas for giving the former Downtown Y swimmers a place to swim and the motivation to swim hard! You might see Lucas IN THE WATER at Jenks on Saturday mornings!
-- Adult lap swim continues at McClure Park, outdoor 50 meter pool, Tues-Wed-Thurs evenings, 6:30 to 7:30 pm.. Rhonda Feiner suggests swimmers become "friends" with 'Tulsa Parks Pools' on Facebook to get alerts about last minute pool closings & other information. Get your swim pass at the Hicks Community Center, 3443 S. Mingo. A lifeguard will be on deck. You do not have to be a USMS/TMSC member to participate in these open lap swimming sessions. Go here for general Tulsa Park Pool information. The online ' summer fun' guide can be found here. Scroll down to "Fitness/Sports-Aquatics" and look for lap swimming; or call 596-PARK (7275).
I believe that is all for now. Keep Swimming!!
Tulsa Masters Swim Club