Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Thanks to all of you! April Pools was a great success!!

Hello,


I just want to send my sincere thanks to all of you for participating in the success of the 2010 April Pools meet whether you swam or volunteered or did BOTH! We had 37 swimmers, which is awesome for an Oklahoma masters meet. Congrats to all of you swimmers, especially those that swam in their very first masters meet. I hope you will tell your swimming friends that masters meets really aren't that scary! And thanks to all of you that answered my call for help to time or do whatever was needed. I tried to include everyone on this email but I know I'm missing a few people because I don't have their email addresses. Kelly: please thank your wife & daughter again for me; Chris: Thanks to Cindy for her flexibility & helping with the backup timer job; Scott: please thank Justin & David; Dennis Wilson's friends, David & Patti Mandrell, have been volunteering at our meets for years!; And Alejandro, was that Blanca with you?

The biggest thanks go to Gene and Annette Vickery. Because of Gene, we have electronic timing and fast, accurate results; Annette willingly serves as our head referee. There would be no meet without them.

And another big thank you to Jason Sauer, founder of SWIM 201, head coach of the Booker T. Washington HS team, and coach of the Tulsa Masters workout group at BTW HS. Jason is required by the school district to be at the pool for this meet. He thought he'd have a pretty casual day of hanging out at the pool but ended up with the starting duties when our original starter was unable to make it. Thanks, Jason. There also would be no meet if Jason was not able to be there.

We are finalizing the results and I will let you know when they are official and posted for your viewing. Watch for future emails from me about masters swimming events and activities. I believe the next meet on the radar is the Bentonville, AR meet June 12. I'll send details when I know them. Please mark your calendar for the 30th annual McClure meet in Tulsa on August 20-21st. And also for the 3rd annual Tallchief Open Water Challenge on August 29th.
Please contact me with any questions. Thanks again for a great meet!!


Denise Smart
April Pools Meet Director
(918) 749-2253

No comments:

Post a Comment

What would you like to see on the TMSC Website?