Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Swim at Booker T. Washington through the end of April

I think everyone knows that Jason won't be on deck at BTW anymore! :(

BUT Jason made arrangements with TPS/ BTW to allow us to continue to swim in the evenings through the end of April. Normal time, 5 to 7 pm, Monday through Friday.

New routine: whoever arrives first just needs to find the janitor to open the pool. They are expecting us, so it shouldn't be a problem. If you don't immediately encounter the janitor when you wander down the hall, you can go to the guards desk and they will call. We only need to make sure the door is shut when we leave. I am hardly ever there by 5pm so don't wait on me to get things open.

PLEASE do not get into the pool if no one else is there. Safety first!!

Workouts: Elissa is happy to make up workouts on the days she is there. If no one has put up a workout by the time I get to the pool, I'll do it!! :)

I have a card for Jason for everyone to sign. Some of you who were at the meet have already signed it. I'll bring it to the pool this week to get the rest of you.

I'm still waiting for official word on when the Jenks pool will be open for business. I do anticipate we will be able to swim there starting May 2. You should have your choice of workout times, not just evenings only. I'll let you know as soon as I get the details.

There will be adult lap swimming at McClure starting June 7th. This will NOT be a Tulsa Masters only workout. It will be open to the public, but will be for adults 18 & over. There will be a lifeguard on duty. You can swim Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday evenings from 6:30 to 7:30 pm. Swimmers will be required to buy a swim pass from the Parks Department. The cost is $20 for 10 swims or $55 for the whole summer. Not a bad deal. I'll send out the details on where to buy the swim pass as soon as I get it from Rhonda.

See you at BTW. I will be there tomorrow evening (hopefully by 5 pm), Elissa will not be there.

Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment

What would you like to see on the TMSC Website?